For best results, the cellular modem and the DCAP need to be at least 6-8 feet away to minimize radio interference between the devices. \
Step 1 – Modem
- Select a proper place to mount the modem close to a powered electrical receptacle and as high as possible on the building.
- Mount the modem to the wall.
- Power up the modem.
- Screw the antennas (included in the cell modem box) onto the side of the modem with two antenna jacks
Step 2 – DCAP
- Select a proper place to mount the DCAP close to a powered electrical receptacle, but at least 6 feet away from cell modem.
- Mount the DCAP to the wall.
- Power up the DCAP
Step 3 – Wire DCAP to Modem
- Connect the DCAP to the modem using the provided CAT5 cable.
- Contact Vitality Energy 801-341-1844 for verification of DCAP communications.