Energy Management Software
To save the planet by reducing emissions through energy intelligence.
To be the central platform for utility data.
VITALITY is the central platform for building data, meters, and IoT. We combine an Energy Management, Business Intelligence, Utility Billing, and Controls solution into one central platform. This allows buildings of all sizes to make the jump to becoming truly smart buildings while reducing operating expenses, increasing Net Operating Income, and saving the world by reducing emissions.
Our Core Values
- We are self-starters that refuse to be micromanaged.
- We aren't afraid to make decisions.
- We don’t believe in a “9-5” job. We are looking for something with more meaning.
- We don’t wait for things to happen; we make things happen.
- We are always looking for the best in a people and situations.
- We are not ignorant of the real world but believe in the good in the world.
- We love what we do and believe in a higher purpose and calling.
- We naturally trust people and believe together; we can accomplish great things.
- We know failure is an option, but quitting is unacceptable.
- We understand that sometimes life gives us lemons, which only motivates you to make better lemonade.
- We are constantly looking for ways to improve ourselves and others around us.
- We are not afraid to speak our mind if it improves our team.
- We are respectful and open to honest communication.
- We focus on listening as much as speaking.
The Pioneer Spirit
- We are not afraid to start.
- We are strong and motivated to reach our destination.
- We understand that sometimes we won’t have the tools to be successful, which motivates us to create our own.
- We are constantly asking ourselves, “there must be an easier way.”
- We are willing to sacrifice ourselves and our egos for the greater good.
- We are not afraid to take risks.
- We are not afraid to be better versions or ourselves.
- We want to create something from nothing.
- We are not afraid to start.
We are doing better by being better.
Read our culture manifesto.
Our Leadership Team
Chief Executive Officer
Clayton and Chris Co-Founded Vitality in 2013 with a passion to reduce energy use and emissions through energy intelligence.
Chief Product Officer
Chris co-founded Vitality after working for the State of Utah and the University of Utah. He was frustrated with the lack of transparency in ESCO projects.
Director of Sales
Dallas has expansive experience in sales and marketing. He specializes in Business development, Account Management and Coaching.
Where We Began...
Originally founded as Summa Energy Solutions, Vitality is based in the heart of the Silicon Slopes in Salt Lake City, Utah. Co-founded by Christopher Atkins, a Utah certified energy manager and Clayton Erekson.
After years of doing energy management work for the State of Utah and for the University of Utah, Chris saw a pressing need for better building operational data. Existing submeter and building management systems were complicated and outdated, and in many cases, they had either never worked properly or had ceased to function altogether. As a consequence, users were frustrated in their efforts to extract usable information from them.
After fixing the issues at the State and at the University, Chris started to hear from people in both the public and private sectors who were experiencing similar problems. It became clear that there was an urgent need for his services in all market segments, and Vitality was formed. Vitality set out to ease the frustration of the users and create a simple, yet highly effective energy management platform. To learn more about us and our services, contact us today.